- White Label – Matlock (MJ Cole)
- Going On – Baffled
- Dangerous (Zed Bias Mix) – Same People
- Let It On (Mystery Mix) – Lady Penelope & Abstrac
- Deep Breath – The Cheese and Pickle EP (Grooveyard Records)
- Let Me Tell You – Jump Up Crew
- Sweet Sensations – Peekay
- Anyway – Matlock (MJ Cole)
- DFL – Twisted Future
- Desire – Ramsey & Fen
- I Need Your Love (Remix) – MJ Cole
- Style – Ramsey and Fen
- R.I.P Groove – Double 99
- White Label
- G.O.D Four Limited
- Neighbourhood (Zed Bias Vocal Mix) – Zed Bias
Throw your mind back to the mid 90s – those were the days right!? When Garage was Garage, etc, etc.
Following on from my previous garage mixes (here and here), I wanted to do a mix from the transitional moment of UK Garage (1996-98) when the Jungle bass lines were worked in, from just before and around the time people started calling it “Speed Garage” (surely the worst genre name in the history of music). For me, it felt like a return of the “old skool hardcore” vibe… slower tempo again but room shaking baselines.
The first tune on my mix is MJ Cole‘s first solo release (he started off as a drum and bass engineer for SOUR) – a rare white label under the pseudonym Mat-Lock – raw MJ Cole flavour.
So check it out below… Rare Garage cuts for ya eardrums! Please click the Facebook like button and leave a little comment below if you’re feeling it x
NB. For authenticity this mix is done 100%vinyl with two turntables and a mixer